Sunday, January 29, 2012

Chocolate chip cookie dough truffles!

These are addicting!!
The first I made these, I used splenda blends- DO NOT DO THIS!! I don't know why but they taste very saccharine-y.  I have cooked a lot with splenda blends with no trouble but it will not taste right in this recipe.  Use real white and brown sugars.
This recipe is egg free!

This makes about 2 dozen truffles.











Ingredients:

  • 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour 
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking soda 
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine (I use smart balance butter)
  • 3/4 cup granulated white and brown sugar (you can do half and half, but I like 1/2C brown with 1/3C white)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/3 cup milk or soy milk 
  • 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (large chips work too)
  • 12 oz or so of chocolate candy coating
  • dash of salt
Cream butter with the sugars in mixer (or mixing bowl) until butter is lighter and sugar is well incorporated.  Then add flour, baking soda and salt.  Pour in milk and vanilla.  Once mix is thoroughly combined, stir in chocolate chips.  At this point, my dough was suuuuuuuuuuuper sticky so I just portioned about 1 inch balls and put it in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.  After the first freeze, I could actually roll neat balls.  Melt candy coating as per directions and dip truffles.  Put them back into the freezer until hardened and enjoy!

super sticky right after mixing

after freezing for 5 minutes about to be dipped

No comments:

Post a Comment