Cook time: ~15 minutes (depends on your pasta)
- 2 portions of pasta (I prefer whole wheat but used 1/2 wheat and it was delicious)- any shape works
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (I cheated and used splenda blends shh!)
- asparagus (one bunch or so)
- water to boil pasta (heavily salted)
- olive oil to drizzle on asparagus and drizzle for pasta
First preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and boil water for pasta. Cook pasta until al dente. While pasta is cooking, hold asparagus with both hands and slightly bend until it snaps, this removes the hard/woody part. If you're feeling lazy, line up all your asparagus with the broken one and cut off approximately the same amount from the other pieces or hand break the rest of your bunch. Drizzle asparagus with olive oil and roast in oven until slightly golden, ~10-15 minutes.
Meanwhile.. in small sauce pot, reduce balsamic vinegar until thickened and reduced to a few tablespoons. Add brown sugar and let incorporate.
When asparagus is roasted, remove from pan and let cool. Slice into 3-4 pieces (1-2inches in length). Add to drained pasta. Pour over balsamic sauce and mix.