I started with a blue glass and brass vase. In pt.1 I spray painted the brass to make it look like brushed nickel. I wanted to do something with the blue color so I bought more spray paint, Krylon in a creamy white.
|Lamp after part 1|
|Tape off the metal parts|
So for part 3 of this lamp makeover, I wanted to do something with the shade. I've been seeing awesome shade redos on pinterest with neat fabrics but this shade isn't your typical round shade, it's curvy and kinda flower shaped. So I wanted to try dying it...
I got a package of Rit Dye from amazon in teal.
I then filled a large container bucket with water and added a cup of salt and my lampshade. (see the shape) I then added the whole container of liquid dye.
|filling the bucket|
|Letting the lampshade incubate|
So I was going for more of a teal color, not baby blue so I am going to order some green and try redyeing. Stay tuned for The Lamp Saga pt 4!