Sunday, March 4, 2012

DIY chandelier earrings

So I used to have these great silver/pewter toned chandelier earrings until the dog ate one and I have been on the hunt for a new pair for the last 5 years.
I eventually gave up until I saw this chain at Michaels and a light bulb went off.. I could make my earrings.

Materials:

  • Chain/bracelet/beads/whateverdanglyobjectyouwant
  • earring hooks
  • 2 pliers
Use the pliers to open the rings attaching the chain together and make two pieces of approximate equal length.  Attach to earring hooks and close rings. Tadah! Takes 1 min and you have custom earrings the exact length you want.  I bought the earring hooks for 2$ and the chain on sale for 1.50$.. so custom earrings for 3.50$.
I wanted a more complex look so I doubled over the chains.
Chain from Michaels


Earring hooks
Hold the ring in one set of pliers and use the other to manipulate

The Finished Product.. for less than 4$.

No comments:

Post a Comment