Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Monogram "T" Wreath

I wanted a wreath for after Christmas that would last a few months, so I decided on a monogram wreath. This whole project cost 5$!!

 I went to Michaels to looks for a large letter. The ones they had either weren't the size I was imagining or the shape of the "T" was ugly (I prefer my T's to have a large top bar). So after running around the store contemplating for an hour (literally..) on alternative material, I decided "Hey, I could make one.." so I got a thick foam board.

Materials:

  • thick foam board (super cheap!)
  • twine (ribbon or yarn would work too)
  • box cutter
  • felt (for rosettes)
  • hot glue gun


I got it home, and cut out my T shape. I wanted this pretty visible so I made it 16" tall. I then wrapped the T in the twin strategically covering the foam board. The twin helped to add strength to my T as well. I then made some felt and ribbon flowers and hot glued them on.
The whole project took maybe 30 minutes tops- most spent trying to strategize how to cover the T shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment